Narcissistic Abuse Counselling
Saggart | Rathcoole | Citywest | Tallaght | Dublin
What Is Narcissistic Abuse?
Narcissistic abuse is becoming widely exposed in the public. This happens when another person uses manipulation tactics, threats, anger outbursts, violence and other behaviours such as silent treatment, to gain control and power over you. People with narcissistic traits use these tactics and they are cleverly done in order to control the emotions and behaviours or another person. Bully’s use the same tactics and behaviours for the same reasons.
How Do They Do This?
They use behaviours. Such as
- Silent treatment
- A warning look or rolling their eyes
- Anger outbursts & Threats of violence
- Isolating you
- Shaming you or Public Humiliation
- Making jokes or comments about you
- Don’t take you seriously
- Making you feel Stupid & Worthless
This is a way to get you to give in to their demands or to control you. This will send you a message that they are not happy with you. This can cause people to end up putting the narcissist’s wants and needs before their own.
What Does this look like?
- Doing what they want you to do.
- Going to places they want to go to.
- Calling or texting you when they feel like it
- Not being able to have your own choices.
- Doing favours too much for other people
- Mostly doing things that please them
The narcissist’s needs are coming before your own. If you try to change this you may fear them becoming angry or withdrawing their love or that you will be isolated. This is just one small manipulation tactic that narcissists use to control other people.
For help with these issues please or to get more information please contact me directly.
IF YOUR CHILD HAS AN ISSUE THAT IS NOT LISTED HERE PLEASE CONTACT ME AND WE WILL DO MY BEST TO ASSIST YOU.